We are currently recruiting for the following role:
We are looking for an in-house designer to work at their London head office 4 to 5 days a week. The successful applicant will be creating designs for their own collections as well as for their clients.
This role would be suited to a Textiles Graduate with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a broad spectrum of styles and have an eye for colour. Strong Photoshop and Illustrator skills are extremely important, along with good hand drawing skills. The successful applicant will work closely with the product development team but will also need to be able to work independently.
JOB ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a varied role and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Following design and trend briefs provided by a variety of high street interior brands
- Creating new designs and adapting existing designs
- Compiling mood boards and colour stories and conducting research into current and future trends.
- Liaising with factories
- Product label and packaging design
- Attending trade shows and carrying out comp shops
- Showroom and sample management
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in a relevant subject, preferably textile design (Print, Weave or Surface pattern)
- Creative flair and commercial approach to design and colour
- Strong CAD skills, Photoshop and Illustrator experience.
- Ability to identify key trends and interpret these in a relevant and commercial way.
- Knowledge of high street interiors market.
- Ability to work towards specific and varied briefs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to successfully work as part of a team and independently.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- This is an entry level role but some relevant experience within a similar role or internship is required.
Hours of work: 9am to 5.30pm Monday-Thursday
Location: London N4
Salary: Dependant on experience
Start date: Immediate/ ASAP
To apply for this role please send your CV with a cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org